Sunday, September 30, 2012

Last blogger assignment!

Today on the last day of September I am doing the last blog month assignment.  Blog from the eyes of your sponsored child.  Here goes...

I ran as fast as I could through the small hills and clumps of brown dirt.  Past the water well and the stray cat that looks at me with it's wide gray eyes.  Past the tree that seems to be a giant compared to my tiny stature.  Finally I arrived at the only place in the world I feel safe.  My student center.  Here they teach me about god, feed me, make sure I am in good health, and give me an education.  I feel so blessed to have a sponsor.  Many of the children in my village don't have sponsors.  I pray for them.  Today I am told we will be writing letters to our sponsors.  I want mine to be good.  I want my sponsor to be proud of me and love me.  It makes me so happy when my sponsor writes to me.  Some children at the center don't have sponsors that write to them.  I pray that they will receive letters someday.  I want to draw a very good picture for my sponsor.  I drew the cat that I saw on my way here.  I colored him in with some colored pencils.  I hope my sponsor likes it!  Then I wrote my sponsor a letter about what I do here at my center.  I handed it back to my teacher and prayed that it will arrive safety at my sponsors home.  I am so blessed to have all of these wonderful things in my life.  I thank god for my sponsor every day.  She gives me hope.  Hope that someday poverty won't exist.  Now I have a chance at breaking the cycle of poverty!

3 comments:

  1. That is really good. I like how you included the sponsor and letter writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your post!! Good one! :o)

    ~Michelle R from OC

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! No hate speech please :)